Thursday, July 17, 2008

TGIF - July


David the Psalmist once asked: “What return can we make to the Lord for all his abundant goodness to us?” He answered saying: “I shall call upon the name of the Lord and praise him with all my heart.” Yet, you might wonder, if you are anyone like me, doesn’t God get tired of our repetitive words, distracted prayers and empty praises? Besides, how can anyone sufficiently and adequately praise God at all?

Given Mystery-Presence’s self-disclosures to us over the millennia, that is to say, God’s revealing the I Am to his people, He would very likely answer this way. You can best praise me by:

1.Taking notice of and showing appreciation for my creation, since I did a good job with it and did it for you, don’t mess it up.

2.Caring for each other, that’s why I gave you each other, to love not wound, to live together and work together, not in isolation, to share the fruits of the earth with all creation and not hoard them.

3. Creating opportunities to build and improve creation. I gave you – fire, air – earth - water, and you did it with some wonderful things like these: telephones, beepers, fax machines, computers, satellites, refrigeration, ice cream, microwaves, airplanes, cars, boats, space ships,
medications, x-rays, laser optics, electricity, Now, praise me with so much more.

4. Giving to each other as I give to you, but only what you wish to receive since you can be sure to get more of it.

5. Loving life because there is no other, so don’t wait for something else to happen while squandering the living you have.

6. Being part of everything that is, since everything that is, is part of you.

7. Dedicating as much time, energy and resources to just ‘being’ as you do to doing, since your value and worth are not determined by what you do but rather who you are, and you are of me.

This TGIF weekend, as nature unfolds its beauty in summer, take dynamic steps to step out and take charge. Be co-creators, for all that you create is a legacy of thanks to me, your Creator, Savior, Divinizer and an inheritance for others to come.

Celebrate your life!
Fr Ron